In today’s civilized and modernized world, any industrial or commercial building construction projects are like long-term investments. Hence nowadays, most of the industrial or commercial construction companies pay more attention to the quality of various building materials so that the projects can stand for long-term. They are showing more interest to use sturdy materials for the construction of building projects. Here is a list of top 5 strong and long lasting building materials that are used in a wide range in various construction projects.
- Brick – Not only in today’s civilized world, but bricks have been used to construct some of the world famous structures from the bygone era as well. The Pantheon, the Great Wall of China, the Roman aqueducts etc. were made using this material. Wonderfully, all these historic structures are still standing! Hence, it is easily understandable how sturdy and durable this clay made material is. The silt becomes hard when it is dried; heating the bricks makes it durable and strong enough to endure any environmental factor.
- Concrete – This sturdy building material is made of elements such as stone, sand, cement, binders etc. The mixture is so flexible that it can be hardened after pouring it into any kind of shapes. Due to its rebar enforcement, most of the infrastructure companies prefer to use concrete to build walls, beams, frames, slabs etc. Usually, pre-stressed concrete is used to increase the strength and resistance. Pre-cast concrete has the special feature of water repelling. Moreover, it provides good resistance to contraction and expansion.
- Steel – In order to build a strong framework that can hold the entire load of the structures some stronger material is required. Steel is used to serve the purpose. Due to its easy to fabricate and the fast installation features, most of the industrial construction companies prefer to use it. Whether as the foundation or as the concrete, steel can be used to serve both the purposes. Moreover, this material is recyclable!
- Wood – Not only for the decoration purpose, but woods can be used as a long lasting building material as well. In the case of building log cabins, wood is used as a prime construction material. Compared to the stone, this material is of lightweight making it easier for moving and transporting. More interestingly, wood is seasoned so that it can remove moisture. Even though wood can get severely damaged by fire, as a construction material it is extremely durable.
- Stone – If the construction companies have the proper equipment to do the cutting, stones are impressively long durable and tough materials to be used in the construction of projects. This material is natural and can effectively protect any structure from various environmental factors. For giving a unique look to the structures and to enhance the aesthetic value, stones can be used.
Obviously, such long lasting building materials may cost a bit more, but as the projects are solemnly constructed based on long-term goals, various construction and infrastructure companies consider using the extremely durable and long lasting building materials only for the sake of better investment. Undoubtedly, such long lasting materials ensure project safety as well.